FunPlus Phoenix strengthened its grip on third place in the League of Legends Pro League (LPL) spring season standings with a 2-1 victory over Bilibili Gaming on Wednesday.
Top Esports jumped from 10th place to fifth place with their 2-0 win over JD Gaming. Oh My God moved into fourth place with a 2-0 win over winless Victory Five.
Week 4 continues Thursday with three matches:
–Rogue Warriors vs. Dominus Esports
–Suning vs. Team WE
–Vici Gaming vs. LGD Gaming
The China-based LPL shut down after the Jan. 19 matches due to the spread of the coronavirus, but it resumed March 9 in an online-only format. Players are competing from their teams’ headquarters, but they were required to go through a 14-day quarantine before they were allowed to resume play.
The top eight teams from the spring season will advance to the single-elimination playoffs. All playoff matches will be best-of-five, with the winner clinching a berth in the 2020 Mid-Season Invitational, which will include the top teams from all of the League of Legends regions.
League of Legends Pro League (LPL) spring season standings, through Wednesday, with win-loss records and game-winning percentage:
1. eStar, 7-1, 74 percent
2. Invictus Gaming, 6-1, 71 percent
3. FunPlus Phoenix, 6-2, 70 percent
4. Oh My God, 5-2, 65 percent
5. JD Gaming, 5-3, 63 percent
6. Top Esports, 5-3, 56 percent
7. EDward Gaming, 4-3, 56 percent
8. LNG Esports, 4-3, 53 percent
9. Suning, 4-3, 53 percent
10. Team WE, 4-3, 53 percent
11. Royal Never Give Up, 3-3, 50 percent
12. Rogue Warriors, 3-5, 42 percent
13. Vici Gaming, 2-6, 38 percent
14. Bilibili Gaming, 2-5, 36 percent
15. LGD Gaming, 1-5, 33 percent
16. Dominus Esports, 1-6, 20 percent
17. Victory Five, 0-7, 7 percent
–Field Level Media